We try to consider the environmental impact of our activities balanced against the need to do our job correctly.
We worry about.........
- our need to minimise cross infection means we use various single use products.
- the incineration of soiled dressings disposed of through a contract with SRCL
- mercury in amalgam fillings, used as it is so durable yet with concerns.
- the poor provision of public transport in North Dorset meaning we are dependent on cars.
- our period building being built in a time before energy efficiency.
- we use a digital XRAY system whereby we don't create liquid waste of developer & fixer chemicals
- we are trying to use email & text messages more, to reduce paper usage.
- we recycle our shredded paper waste.
- we use products that can be recycled where a choice exists.
- we segregate waste & recycle via local collection points.
- we use low energy LED lights whenever we can.
- In hot weather our building is cooled by fans as opposed to air-conditioning to minimize the power consumption.
- we discuss green issues in our monthly staff meetings.
- team members are encouraged to switch unused equipment off.
- team members are encouraged to wear warm clothes in the winter to save over-heating the building.
If you can think of any aspect of our business that we can make more environmentally friendly do let us know.